Why Accessibility is Good for your Business!
Did you know?http://www.stopableism.org/how.html
How are We Affected?
Are you missing potential customers?
- About 1.85 million people in Ontario (that’s 15.5% of the population) have a disability.
- 47.2% of people over the age of 65 have disabilities.
You want to do business with this growing population of people with disabilities because they:
- Predictions are that the number of people with disabilities will continue to grow as our population ages.
- Don’t lose this major market group to your competitors!
As business owners and service providers, you have a common goal.
- live with, work with, and influence the rest of our population – on average, 5 or 6 other people, such as colleagues, family members, business owners and other service providers.
- are loyal customers and consumers – they’ll recommend your quality product or service.
- You want happy, satisfied customers whose needs are met.
- You want customers to feel comfortable and welcome to come back time and time again.
- If you do your job well, you can expect these customers to refer their friends, co-workers and family members.
- Loyal customers and their families and relatives are the best customers you can have and the ones you want to keep.
- As our population ages, think about the fact that more of your existing loyal customers and potential new customers will be people with disabilities, their families, their friends and their caregivers.
- Smart businesses will recognize the need for accessibility and make sure that consumers who shop, work or do business with them are satisfied.
- They will ensure that the barriers that may prevent customers from enjoying access to products, services and employment are eliminated and removed.